Robinson’s Shoemakers started life primarily as a shoe repair shop, founded by Billy Robinson in Carrickfergus in 1954. In 1996, Billy retired and sold the business to his son-in-law, our current Chairman, Robin Stewart. In 2001, Robin began selling shoes in earnest; two years later Robinson’s started selling Barker shoes and in 2007 Robinson’s Shoemakers Ltd. was established in Market Place, Carrickfergus.
Finding Our Feet
Our revolutionary fitting system, which is at the heart of the Robinson’s ethos, came into practice in 2008 and was continually developed over the years that followed. The Robinson footwear brand was born the following year. Robinson’s Shoes also entered the ecommerce world in 2009, with the launch of our online store. In 2018 – with our main showroom now in West Street, Carrickfergus – we opened a second store in Queen’s Arcade, Belfast.
Where We Are Today
In early 2020 we embarked on our latest venture – a new outlet store! We moved from West Street to the former Kelly’s Coal office building, a historic landmark in the town, overlooking Carrickfergus Castle. From humble beginnings as a shoe repair shop to our retail premises and online store, the heritage of Robinson’s Shoes has made our brand what it is today.