Step into a new career with Robinson’s Shoemakers as our new Retail Sales Manager in Belfast.
Our business is growing and we want someone with passion, focus and incredible customer service skills to help expand our retail operations through our retail branch in Belfast City Centre.
Who are we?
Robinson’s Shoemakers Ltd has been in business since 1954. We predominantly sell men’s high-quality footwear and accessories, from leading brands such as Barker, R.M. Williams, Dubarry and Tricker’s. We also have our own exclusive brand of Robinson footwear, which we are hoping to expand further in the coming months. Established in Carrickfergus, we now have a two retail premises and a strong online presence.
What are we looking for?
Due to expansion, we are looking to recruit a dynamic and determined Retail Sales Manager for our Belfast City Centre store, based in the prestigious Queen’s Arcade. We are approaching the end of our first year in Belfast. With a successful 12 months, accompanied by the recent refurbishment of the arcade, we are looking for someone who has the dedication and drive to take the store to the next stage as part of our ambitious growth plans.
You will be highly personable and willing to go the extra mile for our customers; our focus is on delivering the highest level of service and ensuring customers leave the store delighted with the whole shopping experience. You will also possess good GCSE grades, have good IT skills and be flexible in the range of duties you will undertake. The right candidate will be willing to grow the job role into a senior position within the company. A quick learner, you will have a range of interpersonal skills, management skills, and be adaptable within a team environment.
Location: Belfast City Centre
Reporting to: Company Directors
Working Hours: 42 hours per week. Saturday + one late night working essential, with time off during the week to compensate.
- Head up our Belfast retail division
- Develop the retail business to agreed sales and margin targets
- Assist in developing Robinson’s own brand of footwear
- Manage day to day retail store operations including sales, fittings and general store upkeep
- Work closely with the Company Directors and Marketing Manager to deliver an agreed sales and marketing strategy for the retail division
- Represent Robinson’s at exhibitions and fairs
- Maintain IT-based customer information on shoes sizes and preferences
- Managing a team of sales associates
- Reporting to Company Directors
- High-end retail experience desirable
- Ability to demonstrate that you acquire the appropriate skills quickly
- Given the nature of a small team environment, you will need to be able to adapt to a wide range of tasks, remaining customer-focused at all times.
- Good grades (C or higher) in English and Maths to GCSE standard or equivalent
- IT proficient in Word and Excel packages
- Good eye for detail when updating window and internal shop displays
- Ability to demonstrate you are a self-starter and highly motivated
- Well dressed & groomed – dress code will apply
- Current and clean driving licence
- Attractive salary as well as a performance-based bonus scheme
- 28 days holiday per year
- Pension scheme
- Two pairs of quality shoes per year provided + generous staff discount
- Detailed training programme put in place as part of our induction plan
Closing Date 9th August 2019
To apply, please submit your CV along with a cover letter by email to email@example.com