Robinson’s Shoemakers Ltd has been in business since 1954. Based in Carrickfergus town centre, it predominantly sells men’s high quality footwear and accessories from leading quality brands such as Barker and Loakes. It is a fast growing company with two divisions, shop retailing and internet sales.
The company wishes to recruit a dynamic and determined Trainee Retail Sales Manager to further expand its retail operations as part of an ambitious growth plan.
You will be highly personable and willing to go the extra mile to keep customers delighted. You will also possess good GCSE grades, have good IT and social media skills and be flexible in the range of roles you will undertake. The right person will be willing to grow the job role into a senior role in the company. A quick learner, you will have a range of interpersonal skills and be adaptable within a team environment.
Initially the job will be 25 hours per week, Tuesday to Saturday inclusive, 5 hours per day commencing 9.00am. An attractive hourly rate will be paid as well as a performance bonus. Two pairs of high quality shoes per year will be provided.
Job Description: Trainee Retail Sales Manager
Job Location: Primarily 9a West Street Carrickfergus, but may have to travel locally to customers’ premises
Reporting To: Company Directors
- Head up the retail division of Robinsons Shoes Ltd
- Develop the retail business to agreed sales and margin targets
- Assist in developing Robinsons’ own brand of footwear
- Manage all the day to day retail shop operations including sales
- Deliver an agreed sales and marketing strategy for the retail division
- Assisting the Internet sales team when required
- Maintain IT-based customer information on shoes sizes and preferences
- Respond in a timely manner to retail customers via social media when necessary
- A detailed training programme will be put in place as part of our induction plan, therefore you do not need to have retail experience, however you will need to be able to demonstrate that you can acquire the appropriate skills quickly.
- Given the nature of a small team environment, you will need to be able to adapt to a wide range of tasks, remaining customer focused at all times.
- Good grades (C or higher) in English and Maths to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- IT proficient in Word and Excel packages as well as social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Able to demonstrate you are a self-starter and motivated.
- Current and clean driving licence
Closing Date 28th February 2017
To apply, please submit your CV along with a cover letter by email to email@example.com