The discerning footwear connoisseur should want nothing but the best for their shoes. Tatty rags and rusty cans of polish don’t cut the mustard when it comes to caring for quality leather shoes. Here at Robinson’s Shoes, we believe if you’re going to do something, then you have to do it right. We’ve highlighted four of the best leather shoe care kits so you can treat your shoes right, and in style.
Collonil have been creating premium-quality cleaning and care products for more than 100 years. They have revolutionised shoe care, with products tailored for a range of versatile applications. This Collonil leather shoe care kit is perfect for anyone who really cares about their leather shoes. Contained within our specially designed bag, made from soft cowhide is:
- Waterstop classic spray - This Collonil penetrating spray is effective at repelling dirt and water for smooth leather. This formula repels water without affecting the look or feel of your shoes.
- Waterstop colours - This Collonil colour-care cream with waterproofing support is suitable for all smooth leather and high-tech materials. It nourishes the leather while keeping it durable and also freshens up the existing colours.
- Polishing brush - This high-quality Collonil shine brush is equipped with real horse hair bristles and transfers the fantastic shine of the polish to all smooth leathers and won’t scratch your shoes like many synthetic brushes.
- Polishing cloth -This Collonil cloth is perfect for applying all kinds of care products to smooth materials. It also works great for completing the shoe care process by polishing. The fact that it can be washed is a bonus, meaning this will be your favourite polishing cloth for a long time to come.
Dubarry footwear is admired, desired and enjoyed around the world. They have created a range of premium shoe care products that reflect their brand ideals.
- Footwear cleaner - Dubarry Footwear Cleaner is a great leather cleaner spray containing a light beaded material that aids in the removal of dirt and grime. It also primes footwear so ready for conditioning.
- Footwear protector - Dubarry Footwear Protector is the world’s first water-based fluorochemical spray for footwear, which is a great all-rounder for protecting your footwear from the elements to keep them in great shape.
- Leather cream - Dubarry leather cream is a high-quality care lotion, enriched with tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, emu oil, beeswax and lanolin to help protect, preserve and soften the leather while enhancing the water repellent properties.
- Sponge - A sponge is a key product in shoe care. Perfect for removing light scuff marks.
- Brush - This discreet little brush is an ideal travel size and is great for polish application and detail cleaning.
Barker Shoes have been making quality shoes for over 135 years. Their experience and expertise knowledge shows in this sophisticated valet box. This collection of shoe care essentials embodies all the things that Barker stands for; a beautifully crafted product using the finest materials. The wooden valet box contains:
- 2 x applicator brushes (1 black, 1 natural) - This Barker application brush made from pure bristle. Ideal for detailed application of polish to shoes.
- 2 x small horsehair brushes (1 black, 1 natural) - This Barker horsehair brush is made from finest quality horsehair.
- Suede brush - This Barker suede brush effectively removes dirt and dust and will raise the nap on suede shoes.
- 7-inch shoehorn - This Barker shoehorn is ideal for putting your shoes on with ease
- 5 x Wax Polish (1 tan, 1 brown, 1 black, 1 burgundy, 1 neutral) - Barker quality wax shoe polish available in multiple colours to restore and nourish your shoes. 5 x black-boxed shoe cream (1 black, 1 burgundy, 1 dark brown, 1 tan, 1 neutral) - Barker neutral shoe cream nourishes and conditions fine leather in all colours, making it perfect for your shoes and accessories.
- 2 x beige dusters - Beautiful branded Barker duster cloths, perfect for both cleaning and polishing.
- 2 x beige shoe bags - Keep your shoes organised and protected with these Barker shoe bags.
- 4 x black 80cm laces (2 black, 2 brown) - It is always good to have replacement laces to hand.
The Barker leather shoe care kit is a more compact version of the Barker valet box. Great for a jet setter on an extended trip, or for someone who is new to the world of leather shoe care. The beautiful cedar grain leather bag with brogue detail includes:
- Small shoehorn
- Black applicator brush
- Small natural horsehair brush - This Barker horsehair brush is the finest quality horsehair.
- Neutral applicator brush - This Barker application brush is pure bristle. The neutral bristles are perfect for lighter coloured cleaning and polishing products.
- Neutral wax polish - Barker quality wax shoe polish restores and nourishes your shoes. The neutral shade means you don’t need to worry about matching the shoe polish to your shoe colour.
- Black wax polish - This quality wax shoe polish will make your black shoes shine and really enhance the black pigment.
These four leather shoe care kits contain tried and trusted products for all-round shoe care and maintenance. The only other essential that we would recommend for your shoe care roster are shoe trees, which you can read more about here. Be sure to check out our full range of shoe care products, from the best leather shoe care kits to shoehorns. We have everything you need for those who prefer to curate their own custom shoe care collection.